Friday 27 July 2012

Hot Hot Hot!! #11

Lately we've been in the middle of a heat wave - weird since just a few weeks ago everywhere was flooding and it was raining constantly. It's been way too hot for me; I can't sleep at all and I spend all night tossing and turning trying to find a cool spot on my bed.
It's kind of ironic - we the British constantly complain about the rain and cold bitter weather and as soon as the Sun comes out, everyone's screaming that it's too hot. I say everyone when I mean me. I hate hate hate this hot weather. There's only so many layers of clothing you can take off - I much rather the cold winter (minus the snow) because it's so nice to wrap up warm and cosy. Did I mention I have a minor obsession with jumpers? My collection is growing.

So anyway, the weather has been "nice" as most people say - warm, hot, sunny with a hint of mugginess. Now that the Olympics has started (well the opening ceremony is tonight), I'm hoping the weather is here to stay for a little while longer - it's out of British politeness that the weather should be nice for such a big event. Hopefully, I won't burn this time, last time it was this hot I burnt my arms and that's saying something, my skin is the type that never ever burns.

So my eyes will be glued to the TV tonight, I wonder if London 2012 opening ceremony can beat Beijing 2008 opening ceremony. Who am I kidding?

No comments: