Friday 13 July 2012

Freedom and Boredom #9

Having finished school, I thought I would have bundles of time to do loads of things that I've been planning to do, like catch up on some much deserved sleep.
While that may be true - I do have a lot of time on my hands, I'm already getting bored of it all. It hasn't even been a month since my last exam and I found that I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm literally doing the same thing every day.

Of course, my plans with my friends are still intact. Just the other day a friend and I had lunch together and the others have organised another pub trip - I can't really complain.
Since not everyone is free at the same time, it means that I'm bored in the meantime. I've tried entertaining myself - reading books, hardcore gaming, helping out my parents at work, but nothing really seems to do the trick.

Solutions? Get a job I guess, I'd be killing two birds with one stone - avoiding boredom and earning money. The only problem is, if I'm going to uni in September, who is going to hire someone for just 2 months?

So, for the time being, I'll have to get used to doing not so much. I've noticed that I've suddenly become a film buff and have started rewatching some of our DVDs and I've been persuaded to start watching 30 rock, which I'm currently obsessed with.
I've also started running again, something that I've neglected to do for a while - except it's been raining non stop for the last week. Thankfully, my dad was crazy enough a couple of years back to put a treadmill in our kitchen so it's not so much of an issue other than the fact that running in your kitchen isn't really the same as running outside...

Anyway, meanwhile I guess I'll get back to this glorious sunny weather we've been having...

Ok, so it might not be this bad where I am, but it seriously hasn't stopped raining for like a week.

No comments: